Facebook is currently the most commonly used online social network among adults. Among adult profile owners, 73% have a profile on Facebook. If it were a country, Facebook would be the third largest country in the world. One explanation for Facebook’s massive growth is the popularity of Facebook pages.
There are more than 3 million active Pages on Facebook, nearly double the 1.6 million it reported in December. Pages that Facebook defines as local businesses went from 700,000 actives to 1.5 million. In other words, local businesses comprised half of the overall increase in active Pages over the last couple of months. (source)
Maintaining a personal profile is essential for professional networking. Use your profile to find new friends, build relationships, and participate in the newsfeed. Now that you have established a network start to think about how you can use Facebook pages to promote and share listings. One way is to create separate fan pages for special listings. Think of it as the ultimate MLS listing page. Here are some tips to remember when creating a facebook page for a listing.
(1) Create a welcome tab for the landing page of the fan page. Consider making a brief video introducing yourself and a quick walkthrough of the property.
(2) Keep the wall updated with fresh content: news about the listings neighborhood, info on upcoming open houses, interesting facts about the listing or local area
(3) Create galleries in the Photos tab for specific areas of the house. Make it easy for visitors to chare and see images of just the kitchen or Master bedroom.
(4) Encourage your fans to ask questions about the listing and participate in the conversations taking place in the Discussions tab.
(5) Create a Vanity domain for your fan page to make it easy to find and share ex: facebook.com/1225NW33ST. Use this link when promoting your listing on all publishing platforms.